Geothermal exploration and development
- At the onset of a geothermal exploration project it is uncertain whether or not the results will be economically, technically and environmentally feasible.
- Geothermal exploration and development, therefore, invariably necessitate risk money.
- Because of the uncertainty involved it has become common practice to divide the preparatory work into several phases in order to minimize cost and maximize information for each phase.
Geothermal project strategy
- Surface exploration
- Exploration drilling
- Production drilling
- Preliminary power plant design
- Financing, additional production drilling, construction
- Operation, monitoring